Wednesday 8 November 2017

The English

Hello my friends and welcome to Ivan’s blog today I am going to talk about my experience learn English at university, how I learn in my house and other places,

Well… for me has been nice, in the classroom, i learn new words, new phrases and improve my pronunciation, is like a seminary in where I can, mainly, answer my questions
Another important point is the use of blogs, I think that it so important, and helps us a lot for improving fluency and our creativity. Is a wonderful way to improve English with themes that are chosen for voting, that means that probably it likes us (but not always haha).

I remember that at the school I hated English because my teacher was very bored (of our existing, or I think that)… but when I went out of the school I begin to search some documents, but everything was in Spanish!, so I said, English come here! And in this moment I started my learning. (or in other words, in this moment the English call my attention)

I think that my principal weakness is talking and learn more words,  I do this in “duo lingo” an application very interesting for learning English when you are in anywhere with your phone. I also try to practice English with my best friend, with him I talk and comment our day in English, I feel that helps us a lot because we try to keep our conversation the best we can.

Another point is the types of English, I grew up with the English of the United States or the UK because are the most known, but if we talk about the English I can’t think in Scottish because is phrases are so different to English of UK or United States.

Here I let an example:

"Haud yer wheesht!"
Okay, you may need a little help with this one though. English translation is "Hold your tongue" or "Be quiet!". Strangely enough, I didn't hear this one too much. Of course, the fact that Nanas' hearing wasn't good may have been a factor there.
Image result for scottish

I saw that and said, that should be other idiom but not English hahaha.
Scotland is a country that is part of the United Kingdom and covers the northern third of the island of Great Britain, that means… they are so close! how is happened?
I hope to learn this type of English anyway, but I feel that this will be hard to me.
This is all my friend, bye!

1 comment: